BARTON, a chapelry in Whippingham parish, Isle of Wight; 2 miles NE of Newport. Pop., 1,314. The living is a vicarage. Value, £190.* See Osborne House.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Whippingham CP/AP Hampshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.