BEARWOOD, a chapelry in Hurst and Wokingham parishes, Berks; 2¼. miles S of Wokingham r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post Town is Wokingham. Pop., 814. Houses, 169. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £180.* Patron, J. Walter, Esq. The church is handsome.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Hurst Ch/CP Wokingham Ch/CP Berkshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.