BEECH-HILL, a chapelry in Stratfieldsaye parish, Berks; 6 miles S by W of Reading. It has a post office under Reading. Acres, 915. Real property, £1,485. Pop., 260. The chapelry was constituted in 1867. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £150 Patron, Mrs. Forbes. There is a Baptist chapel.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Berkshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.