Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BELTON

BELTON, a parish in Mutford district, Suffolk; on the East Suffolk railway and the Waveney river, 3 miles SW by W of Yarmouth. It has a station on the railway, and includes the hamlet of Browston; and its Post Town is Yarmouth. Acres, 2,059. Real property, £3,460. Pop., 516. Houses, 114. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £362.* Patron, the Bishop of Norwich. The church is old but good; and has a round tower, which was rebuilt in 1849.

(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Belton CP/AP       Mutford and Lothingland RegD/PLU       Suffolk AncC
Place: Belton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.