BEYTON, or Beighton, a parish in Stow district, Suffolk; 2 miles SSE of Thurston r. station, and 5 ESE of Bury-St.-Edmunds. It has a post office under Bury-St.-Edmunds. Acres, 625. Real property, £1,831. Pop., 360. Houses, 84. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £175.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Beyton CP/AP Stow PLU/RegD Suffolk AncC|
|Place names:||BEIGHTON | BEYTON | BEYTON OR BEIGHTON|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.