BICKENHILL, a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; on the Northwestern railway and the Warwick canal, 2 miles NW of Hampton-Junction r. station, and 8 SE of Birmingham. It comprises Church, Middle, Lyndon, and Marston quarters; and has a post office under Birmingham. Acres, 3,771. Real property, £6,674. Pop., 744. Houses, 170. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £222.* Patron, the Earl of Aylesford. The church is old but good. There are a chapel of ease, a national school, and charities £6.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Bickenhill CP/AP Meriden RegD/PLU Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.