BICKERTON, a township and a chapelry in Malpas parish, Cheshire. The township lies 4 miles S of Beeston r. station, and 5 NE of Malpas; and has a post office under Whitchurch. Acres, 1,755. Real property, £2,062. Pop., 379. Houses, 82. Bickerton hill commands a fine view, and has yielded some Roman coins. The chapelry is more extensive than the township; and was constituted in 1843. Pop., 1,357. Houses, 276. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120.* Patrons, the Rectors of Malpas.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township and a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Bickerton Tn/CP Malpas CP/Tn/AP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.