Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BIERTON-WITH-BROUGHTON

Your free text search term was bierton.

BIERTON-WITH-BROUGHTON, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; on the Aylesbury railway, near the Aylesbury canal, 1½ mile NE of Aylesbury. It has a post office, of the name of Bierton, under Aylesbury. Acres, 2,470. Real property, £5,312. Pop., 691. Houses, 149. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Quarrendon, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £310.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is a structure of the 12th century, with tower and spire; was recently well repaired; and contains a piscina, and a curious monument of 1616 to Samuel Pope and his thirteen children. There are chapels for Baptists and Methodists, a national school, and charities £40.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Bierton With Broughton AP/CP       Aylesbury PLU/RegD       Buckinghamshire AncC
Place: Bierton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.