BILLINGTON, a chapelry in Leighton-Buzzard parish, Beds; on the river Ouse, and the Leighton and Luton railway, 2 miles SE of Leighton-Buzzard. Post Town, Leighton-Buzzard. Acres, returned with the parish. Real property, £2,345. Pop., 484. Houses, 102. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the dio. of Ely. Value, £280.* Patrons, the Inhabitants. The church is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Bedfordshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.