BINTON, a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick; on the river Avon, 4 miles W by S of Stratford-on-Avon r. station. Post Town, Stratford-on-Avon. Acres, 1,260. Real property, £1,697. Pop., 230. Houses, 54. The property is divided among a few. Paving-stone is quarried; and needles and fish-hooks are made. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £140.* Patron, the Marquis of Hertford. The church is decayed.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Binton AP/CP Stratford on Avon PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.