Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BIRCHFIELD

BIRCHFIELD, a chapelry in Handsworth parish, Stafford; 3 miles N of Birmingham. It has a post office under Birmingham. Pop., about 2,000. Living, a vicarage. Value, £350. The church was built in 1865.

(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Handsworth CP/AP       Staffordshire AncC
Place: Birchfield

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.