BIRDINGBURY, or Birbury, a parish in Rugby district, Warwick; on the river Leam, adjacent to the Leamington and Rugby railway, 7 miles SW by W of Rugby. It has a station on the railway; and its Post Town is Leamington-Hastings, under Rugby. Acres, 1,180. Real property, £1,568. Pop., 184. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to the Whelers; and belongs now to Sir T. Biddulph, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £120. Patron, Sir T. Biddulph, Bart. The church is good.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Birdingbury AP/CP Rugby PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
|Place names:||BIRBURY | BIRDINGBURY | BIRDINGBURY OR BIRBURY|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.