BISHOPS-ITCHINGTON, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; on the river Itchin and on the Oxford and Rugby railway, 2 miles SSE of Harbury station, and 3¾ SW of Southam. It has a post office under Rugby. Acres, with Chapel-Ascote, 3,026. Real property, £4,586. Pop., 598. Houses, 131. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacies of Chadshunt and Gaydon, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £416.* Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £22.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Bishops Itchington AP/CP Southam RegD/PLU Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.