BISHOPS-TACHBROOK, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; on an affluent of the river Avon, near the Fossé way, 2¼ miles SW of Leamington r. station, and 3½ SE of Warwick. It includes the hamlet of Tachbrook-Mallory and a place called the Asps; and its Post Town is Whitnash, under Leamington. Acres, 3,446. Real property, £4,413. Pop., 603. Houses, 140. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £343,* Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church shows Norman traces, and contains some fine monuments. A school has an endowed income of £40, and other charities £5.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Bishops Tachbrook CP/AP Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.