BLAXHALL, a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; on the river Alde, 2 miles NE of Wickham-Market Junction r. station, and 5 SSW of Saxmundham. It has a post office under Wickham-Market. Acres, 1,975. Real property, £2,746. Pop., 589. Houses, 122. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £498.* Patron, the Rev. A. N. Bates. The church was restored in 1863. There are a free school, and charities £18.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Blaxhall AP/CP Plomesgate RegD/PLU Suffolk AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.