BOSTON, SLEAFORD, and MIDLAND COUNTIES RAILWAY, a railway in Lincolnshire; eastward from the Great Northern loop at Boston, to the Great Northern main at Barkstone, N of Grantham Junction. Its length is 28 miles. It was authorized in August 1853, and was opened from Sleaford to Grantham in June 1856, and from Boston to Sleaford in April 1859. A bill was lodged for the session of 1863 to obtain powers for connecting this railway with Frieston shore by means of railways and pier. See Frieston.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a railway" (ADL Feature Type: "railroad features")|
|Administrative units:||Lincolnshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.