BOYTON, a parish in Woodbridge district, Suffolk; on the river Alde, near Hollesley bay, 4 miles WSW of Orford, and 7 SE of Melton r. station. Post Town, Hollesley, under Woodbridge. Acres, 1,533. Real property, £1,968. Pop., 254. Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £365.* Patrons, Mrs. Warner's Trustees. The church is very good; and there are almshouses for eight men and eight women.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Boyton CP/AP Woodbridge PLU/RegD Suffolk AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.