BREDBURY, a township-chapelry in Stockport parish, Cheshire; adjacent to the Peak Forest canal, 2 miles ENE of Stockport r. station. Post Town, Stockport. Acres, 2,521. Real property, £15,075; of which £1,398 are in mines. Pop., 3,408. Houses, 676. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Chester. Value, £160.* Patron, alt. the Crown and the Bishop. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel, and charities £16.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township-chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Bredbury Tn/CP Stockport CP/AP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.