BRINGTON, or Brickden, a parish in the district of Thrapston and county of Huntingdon; on an affluent of the river Ouse, 6 miles N by W of Kimbolton, and 6½ ESE of Thrapston r. station. Post Town, Catworth, under Thrapston. Acres, 1,190. Real property, £1,290. Pop., 191. Houses, 44. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Bythorn and Old Weston, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £492.* Patron, Clare College, Cambridge.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Brington CP/AP Huntingdonshire AncC|
|Place names:||BRICKDEN | BRINGTON | BRINGTON OR BRICKDEN|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.