BURMINGTON, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; on the river Stour, 2 miles S by E of Shipston-on-Stour, and 3 ESE of Moreton r. station. It has a post office under Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 808. Real property, £1,793. Pop., 212. Houses, 46. The manor belonged, in the time of Henry VI., to Sir Humphrey Stafford; and passed to the Strangeways. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Wolford
in the diocese of Worcester. The church was recently rebuilt. There is a free school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Burmington Ch/CP Shipston on Stour RegD/PLU Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.