BURNHAM-SUTTON-CUM-BURNHAM-ULPH, a parish in Docking district, Norfolk; ¾ of a mile S of Burnham-Westgate r. station, and 6 W by S of Wells. Post Town, Burnham, under Lynn. Acres, 1,452. Real property, £2,161. Pop., 380. Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. The present parish comprises two ancient parishes. The living of Burnham-Sutton is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Burnham-Overy, and with half of the rectories of Burnham-Norton and Burnham-Ulph, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £700.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. The other half of the rectory of Burnham-Ulph is annexed to the rectory of Burnham-Westgate. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Burnham Sutton Cum Burnham Ulph CP Docking RegD/PLU Norfolk AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.