BURNHAM-OVERY, a parish in Docking district, Norfolk; 1¼ mile NE of Burnham-Westgate r. station, and 5 W of Wells. Post Town, Burnham, under Lynn. Acres, 2,548; of which 250 are water. Real property, £4,479. Pop., 650. Houses, 157. The property is divided among a few. The rivulet Burn goes here into the sea, and forms Burnham harbour; and a grain trade and fisheries are carried on. Limestone is worked, and bricks are made. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Burnham-Sutton, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is old but good; and has a square tower, surmounted by a turret.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Burnham Overy CP/AP Docking RegD/PLU Norfolk AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.