BURY, a parish in St. Ives district, Huntingdon; on an affluent of the river Nen, ¾ of a mile S of Ramsey r. station, and 8 miles N by W of St. Ives. It has a post office under Huntingdon. Acres, 1,645. Real property, £3,765. Pop., 362. Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to Ramsey Abbey; and passed to successively the Williamses, the Bainbridges, and the Barnards. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, Value, £167. Patron, the Duke of Manchester. The church is partly Norman and early English, and is good. There is a free school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Bury CP/AP/Ch St Ives PLU/RegD Huntingdonshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.