CALDECOTE, a parish in the district of Peterborough, and county of Huntingdon; 1½ mile WSW of Stilton, and 4 W of Holme r. station. Post Town, Stilton, under Peterborough. Acres, 778. Real property, £1,104. Pop., 70. Houses, 14. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged, in the 13th century, to the Hallidays. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £156. Patron, W. Wells, Esq. The church is good.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Caldecote AP/CP Huntingdonshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.