CAPESTHORNE, a township-chapelry in Prestbury parish, Cheshire; 2½ miles ESE of Chelford r. station, and 5 W by S of Macclesfield. Post Town, Chelford, under Congleton. Acres, 748. Real property, £1,294. Pop., 114. Houses, 20. Capesthorne Hall is the seat of the Davenports; and was burnt in 1861. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £76.* Patron, E. D. Davenport, Esq. The church is good.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township-chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Capesthorne Tn/Ch/CP Prestbury CP/AP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.