CASTLE-HALL, a chapelry in Dukinfield township, Stockport parish, Cheshire; on the verge of the county, adjacent to the river Tame, the Manchester and Sheffield railway, and Stalybridge. It was constituted in 1846. Post Town, Stalybridge, Lancashire. Pop., 7,612. Houses, 1,479. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £300. Patrons, Trustees.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Stockport CP/AP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.