CHADSHUNT, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; 1½ mile NE of Kineton, and 5 W of Fenny-Compton r. station. Post Town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1,366. Real property, £1,770. Pop., 37. Houses, 5. The manor belonged early to the monks of Coventry; and passed to the see of Lichfield. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Bishops-Itchington, in the diocese of Worcester. An image of St. Chad, in the Romish times, stood in the churchyard, and attracted many pilgrims.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Chadshunt Ch/CP Southam PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.