CHAD, or Chadd (St.), a chapelry in Malpas parish, Cheshire; on the verge of the county, 3½ miles NNW of Whitchurch r. station. Post Town, Whitchurch. Statistics, with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £140.* Patrons, the Rectors of Malpas. The church was built in 1863.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Cheshire AncC|
|Place names:||CHADD ST | CHAD OR CHADD ST | CHAD ST | ST CHAD | ST CHADD|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.