COLNE, a parish in St. Ives district, Huntingdon: adjacent to the river Ouse, 2 miles SE of Somersham r. station, and 5¼ NE of St. Ives. Post town, Somersham, under St. Ives. Acres, 2, 011. Real property, £5, 542. Pop., 385. Houses, 95. The property is much sub-divided. The manor belonged to the Drurys; and was, in Edward III. 's time, the residence of Lady Wake. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Somersham, in the diocese of Ely. The church is early English, with an internally-situated tower; and was recently in disrepair. Charities, £27.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Colne CP/Ch St Ives PLU/RegD Huntingdonshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.