COMBROOK, a chapelry in Kineton parish, Warwick; adjacent to the Fosse way, 2 miles W by N of Kineton, and 7½ SSW of Southam-Road r. station. Post town, Kineton, under Warwick. Real property, £1, 293. Pop., 228. Houses, 55. Compton Verney is the seat of the Verneys. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value and patron, not reported. There is a Wesleyan chapel. Verney's school has £25 a year from endowment, with two scholarships at Trinity college, Cambridge.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Combrook Ch/CP Kineton CP/AP Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.