Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for COPGROVE

COPGROVE, a parish in Knaresborough district, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Nidd, 2½ miles ESE of Wormald-Green r. station, and 4½ N of Knaresborough. Post town, Staveley, under York. Acres, 832. Real property, £1, 024. Pop., 68. Houses, 14. The property is all in one estate. Copgrove Hall is the seat of T. Duncombe, Esq., and contains some good portraits. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £200.* Patron, T. Duncombe, Esq.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Copgrove AP/CP       Knaresborough PLU/RegD       Yorkshire AncC
Place: Copgrove

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.