COVINGTON, a parish in the district of Thrapston and county of Huntingdon; at the boundary with Beds and Northampton, 3½ miles NW of Kimbolton r. station, and 6½ E of Higham-Ferrars. It has a post office under St. Neots. Acres, 1, 290. Real property, £1, 315. Pop., 188. Houses, 38. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £182.* Patron, the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The church is good.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Covington CP/AP Huntingdonshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.