EARITH, a hamlet in Bluntisham parish, Huntingdon; on the river Ouse, at the boundary with Cambridge, 5½ miles NE by E of St. Ives. It has a post office under St. Ives, and fairs on 4 May, 25 July, and 1 Nov. Real property, £4, 786. Pop., 631. Houses, 159. Earith House is the seat of the Tebbuts. Bulwerks is a modern camp of four acres. There are chapels for Quakers, Baptists, and Wesleyans. A school has £16 from endowment: and other charities £40.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a hamlet" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Bluntisham CP Huntingdonshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.