ELWORTH, a chapelry in Sandbach and Warmingham parishes, Cheshire; on the Northwestern railway, and on the Trent and Mersey canal, 1½ mile NW of Sandbach. It was constituted in 1847; and its post town is Sandbach. Pop., 1, 153. Houses, 220. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120.* Patron, the Vicar of Sandbach.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Sandbach Tn/AP/CP Warmingham AP/CP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.