EXHALL, a parish in Foleshill district, Warwick; on Beach brook, near the Coventry canal, and adjacent to the Coventry and Nuneaton railway, 4¼ miles N by E of Coventry. It has a station, jointly with Longford, on the railway; and it contains the Foleshill workhouse. Post town, Longford, under Coventry. Acres, 1, 990. Real property, £5, 479; of which £500 are in mines. Pop., 964. Houses, 233. The property is divided among a few. Exhall House is a chief residence. Many of the inhabitants are weavers. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £143.* Patrons, Lord and Lady Guernsey. The church was repaired and enlarged in 1842. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and a small charity school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Exhall AP/CP/Ch Foleshill PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.