FELMERSHAM, a village and a parish in the district and county of Bedford. The village stands on the river Ouse, 2 miles SW of Sharnbrook r. station, and 7 NNW of Bedford; and has a post office under Bedford. The parish includes also the hamlet of Radwell. Acres, 2, 400. Real property, £2, 039. Pop., 483. Houses, 110. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £177.* Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is early English, cruciform, and good. There are a Methodist chapel, a national school, and charities £12.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a village and a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Felmersham AP/CP Bedfordshire AncC Berkshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.