FLEMINGSTON, or Flimstone, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; near the coast, 3 miles SSE of Cowbridge r. station, and 9¼ SSW of Llantrissant. Post town, Cowbridge. Acres, 672. Real property, £1, 003. Pop., 63. Houses, 10. The property is all in one estate. The manor belonged to John Fleming, one of the twelve knights who came in with Robert Fitz Hamon, in the time of William Rufus. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £196. Patron, the Earl of Dunraven. The church is good. Edward Williams, the poet, was a native.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Flemingston CP/AP Bridgend and Cowbridge RegD/PLU Glamorgan AncC|
|Place names:||FLEMINGSTON | FLEMINGSTON OR FLIMSTONE | FLIMSTONE|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.