FRINSTED, a parish in Hollingbonrne district, Kent; 3½ miles NE of Hollingbourne, and 4¼ S by W of Sittingbourne r. station. It has a post office under Sittingbourne. Acres, 1, 273. Real property, £1, 286. Pop., 219. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £240.* Patron, Lord Kingsdown. The church is early Norman, and was repaired and enlarged in 1862. Charities, £10.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Frinsted AP/CP Kent AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.