HAIL-WESTON, a village and a parish in St. Neots district, Huntingdon. The village stands near the river Kym, and near the boundary with Beds, 2½ miles NW of St. Neots r. station; and has a post office under St. Neots. The parish comprises 1, 553 acres. Real property, £3, 154. Pop., 440. Houses, 94. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to R. A. Reynolds, Esq. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Southoe, in the diocese of Ely. The church was reported in 1859 as very bad. There are a Baptist chapel and a national school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a village and a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Hail Weston Ch/CP St Neots PLU/RegD Huntingdonshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.