HALE, or HEAL, a hamlet and a chapelry in Farnham parish, Surrey. The hamlet lies on the verge of the county, near Farnham Park, 1¼ mile N of Farnham town and r. station; and has a post office under Farnham. The chapelry was constituted in 1845. Pop., 2, 864. Houses, 549. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £340.* Patron, the Vicar of Farnham.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a hamlet and a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Farnham Ch/CP/AP Surrey AncC|
|Place names:||HALE | HALE OR HEAL | HEAL|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.