HARBURY, or HARBERBURY, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; on the river Ichene, and on the Oxford and Birmingham railway, near the Fosse way, 2¾ miles WSW of Southam. It has a station with telegraph on the railway, and a post office under Leamington. Acres, 2, 060. Real property, £7, 150. Pop., 1, 206. Houses, 272. The property is subdivided. A cutting, on the line of the railway here, is 100 feet deep and 600 feet wide. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £268. * Patron, John Hudson, Esq. The church is ancient, in tolerable condition; and consists of nave, chancel, and S aisle, with a tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, a national school, and charities £86.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Harbury AP/CP Southam PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
|Place names:||HARBERBURY | HARBURY | HARBURY OR HARBERBURY|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.