HASELOR, or Hazeler, a village and a parish in Alcester district, Warwick. The village stands near the river Alne, 2½ miles E by N of Alcester r. station, and 6 WNW of Stratford-on-Avon. The parish includes also places called Upton and Walcote, adjoining the village; and its post town is Alcester, under Bromsgrove. Acres, 1, 950. Real property, £3, 808. Pop., 355. Houses, 81. The neighbourhood is hilly, and has pleasant scenery. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £52. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient; and consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with pinnacled tower.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a village and a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Haselor CP/AP Alcester PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
|Place names:||HASELOR | HASELOR OR HAZELER | HAZELER|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.