HASLINGTON, a village and a township-chapelry in Barthomley parish, Cheshire. The village stands near the Northwestern railway, 2½ miles NE of Crewe; and has a post office under Crewe. The chapelry comprises 3, 670 acres. Real property, £6, 415. Pop. in 1851, 1, 153; in 1861, 1, 215. Houses, 242. The increase of pop., and at a rapid rate, was continuing in 1865. The manor belongs to Sir H. D. Bronghton, Bart. Haslington Hall is now a farm house. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120.* Patron, Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart. The church has a cupola and is a p1ain brick building. There are chapels for Independents, Baptists, and Primitive Mcthodists, and national schools.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a village and a township-chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Barthomley CP/Tn/AP Haslington Ch/CP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.