HAVERTON-HILL, a chapelry in Billingham parish, Durham; on the river Tees, and the Clarence railway, 2 miles NW of Middlesborough. It was constituted in 1862; and its post town is Billingham, under Stocktonupon-Tees. Pop., 800. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham. Value, £300. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Durham. The church was built in 1866.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Billingham CP/AP County Durham AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.