HAWERBY-WITH-BEESBY, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, near Old Barton street, 3 miles W of North Thoresby r. station, and 8½ NNW of Louth. Post town, North Thoresby, under Louth. Acres, 1, 179. Real property, £1, 236. Pop., 91. Houses, 16. Hawerby manor, with Hawerby House, belongs to T. J. Harneis, Esq.; and Beesby belongs to the Earl of Yarborough. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £280.* Patron, Southwell Collegiatc Church. The church is early English, with a tower and was repaired in 1846.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Hawerby Cum Beesby CP/AP Caistor PLU/RegD Lincolnshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.