Your free text search term was KNOWL END.
HAZLEWOOD, a township and a chapelry in Duffield parish, Derby. The township lies on the river Derwent and the Midland railway, 1½ mile NNW of Duffield r. station, and 2½ SSW of Belper; and has a post office under Belper. Real property, £2, 397; of which £52 are in quarries. Pop., 392. Houses, 85. The manor belongs to the Rev. Sir Edward R. Jodrell, Bart. The Knowle is the seat of W. W. Hull, Esq.The chapelry was constituted in 1846. Pop., 719. Houses, 165. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £200. * Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church was built in 1846; and consists of nave and chancel, with a porch. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.-A railway from Duffield to Wirksworth, in progress of formation towards the end of 1865, is now open, and has a station at Hazlewood-Lane.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township and a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Duffield AP/CP Hazlewood Tn/CP Derbyshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.