HOLCUTT, or HOLCOTT, a parish in Woburn district, Beds; on Crawley brook, near the boundary with Bucks, 2 miles NW of Ridgmount r. station, and 4 N of Woburn. Post town, Woburn. Acres, 880. Real property, £1, 341. Pop., 71. Houses, 12. The property belongs chiefly to the Rev. B.Smith. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Salford, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £360. * Patron, the Rev. B.Smith. The church is ancient, and contains monuments of the Chernockes.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Holcot AP/CP Woburn PLU/RegD Bedfordshire AncC|
|Place names:||HOLCOTT | HOLCUTT | HOLCUTT OR HOLCOTT|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.