HONILY, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; 3 miles W of Kenilworth r. station, and 5 ½ NW of Warwick. Post town, Kenilworth. Acres, 642. Real property, £843. Pop., 63. Houses, 12. The manor had anciently a peculiar ecclesiastical jurisdiction; was given, in the time of Henry III., to Richard Peche; passed, in the time of Henry VII., to Sir Simon Montfort; went, at his attainder, to the Crown; was given to the Fitzgeralds; reverted, in the time of Mary, to the Crown; was then given to the Throckmortons; passed to the Burgoynes, and to Lord Carrington; and belongs now to Mrs-Willes. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £150. Patron, Mrs. Willes. The church is good.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Honiley AP/CP Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.