KENTON, a parish, with a village, in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; 2½ miles NE of Debenham, and 6 WNW of Framlingham r. station. Post town, Debenham, under Stonham. Acres, 1, 208. Real property, £2, 064. Pop., 308. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Rev. Thomas Mills. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £150. * Patron, Lord Henniker. The church is of the 12th century, and has a mural monumental plate of the Garney family, of date 1524. There are a national school, and charities £38.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish, with a village" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Kenton CP/AP Plomesgate RegD/PLU Suffolk AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.