KINGSDOWN, a parish in Milton district, Kent; 4 miles SSE of Sittingbourne r. station. Post town, Sittingbourne. Acres, 695. Real property, £931. Pop., 96. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Lord Kingsdown. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Valne, £200. Patron, Lord Kingsdown. The church was built in 1865, after designs by Pugin; is in the early English style: and consists of nave and chancel, with a spire.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Kingsdown AP/CP Milton PLU/RegD Kent AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.